CASHA OCTOBER PROGRAM MEETING:
Date: Tuesday October 22, 2019
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Topic: Making Time to Include Mindfulness Practices into Your Sessions
Presented By: Maura Fox, M.S. CCC-SLP, NBCT
Attendees will be able to:
• describe the fundamentals of mindful awareness
• describe the science behind mindful practices
• tell personal stressors
• describe strategies for self-care
• tell the benefits of mindfulness practices
• tell how to “fit it all in”
• describe mindful activities for the classroom
Time Ordered Agenda:
6:00-6:30 Introductions and Disclosure
Overview of what Mindfulness is and is not; Mindfulness and the brain
6:30-7:00 Description of Mindfulness and Stress Reduction self-care.
7:00-7:45 Mindfulness activities to use with students
7:45-8:00 Conclusion, Questions, and Resources
800 Troy-Schenectady Rd.
This course is offered for .2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
- Maura has a financial relationship with Fox Center For Awakening Learning Potential, LLC as her employer.
- No affiliation with, nor financial gain from resources discussed today.
- She is receiving an honorarium for today’s presentation.